Tuesday 7 April 2015

Rolling again

With the chassis painted I was keen to get it all rolling again and move it all under cover for the winter.


The axles had a good wash and went back on. I thought about painting them too but there is really no point. A lot of travelling here in NZ's South Island is on un-sealed roads and everything just gets filthy. I have no intention of climbing under the truck to clean it. The chassis needed a coat of paint to protect it; the axles and springs are not about to rust away.


Rear spring eye bolts are straight into a threaded forging with some loctite and 190 lb/ft torque. Fitting the rear axle was not has difficult as I expected; I used to chocks of wood and simply 'walked' it into place until it all lined up.


The tractor and loader can just pick up one end of the chassis so you can trundle it about like a giant wheel barrow. All safely in the barn for the winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment