Tuesday 24 June 2014

Somewhat blue

When my trial paint had dried it was a lot closer to the colour chart but I still didn't like it! It was just too boring, rather like that colour that Audi uses so after a chat with the helpful guy from International I took it back to the supplier and we added an extra 4Y of black tint. I can't remember what 'Y' stands for but it is the unit of measure for paint tinting machines and represents 1/48 of a fluid ounce. The blue is now darker and greyer and much more to my liking.

Like the primer it is quite easy to apply with little over spray. I find that mixing about half a litre at a time is enough so that I have to finish before I make too much of a mess. My spraying is a bit dodgy so I am concentrating on the bits that don't show much first, in the hope that I get a bit better as I go along.



Why do they sell thinners in a pot that is almost impossible to pour when it's full?



No comments:

Post a Comment